Talents for the Future Competition – Participation
The Talents for the Future competition is organised for the students of UACEG with the support of Cordeel Bulgaria. Any student who is currently enrolled in the university can participate by following the rules below. Non-participating students are welcome to visit the presentation and award ceremony and see the most successful projects.
The competition is an opportunity for UACEG students to earn a six-month paid internship at Cordeel Bulgaria. The winning team will also be invited to visit Cordeel Belgium and become honorary holders of silver honours. We support Talents for the Future because we believe that the Bulgarian construction industry should do its best to attract and inspire young people and encourage their professional growth.
To participate in the Talents for the Future competition you must:
- be a student/graduate of UACEG during the academic year 2018-2019;
- create a team of between three and five members comprising other current UACEG students/graduates. The team will join the competition and compete with other teams;
- register an e-mail account with the team name that is accessible to all team members;
- work with your team on a real case assigned by Cordeel Bulgaria.
Please note the following.
Individuals working alone or in teams of two or more than five are not allowed to participate.
Participation is on a voluntary basis. Participants receive no payment or other material incentives.
Registration of teams after the deadline is not allowed. Projects submitted after the set date cannot be revised.
The e-mail address must be active and properly written. It will be used to send information to participants about the competition. It will not be used for marketing purposes or given to third parties.
These requirements are not subject to change and non-compliance will lead to disqualification.
Stage One: Registration
You can register at http://form.news/talents1. The deadline for registration is 6 March 2019.
Upon registration, each team must indicate the names of the team members.
Stage Two: Assignments
The assignments will be set at Cordeel Bulgaria’s head office on 13 March 2019 at 2.00 pm.
Transport to and from the head office will be provided. More information will be sent to the e-mail addresses of the participants.
Stage Three: Case work
The teams have 12 days to submit their views, ideas and decisions to Cordeel Bulgaria. The deadline for the completion of projects is the end of the day on 25 March 2019.
Failure to meet the deadline will result in disqualification.
Stage Four: Project presentation and voting
Teams will present their projects to the jury at a special event on 27 March 2019 in the central lobby of the new UACEG building at 2.00 pm.
Jury members will be:
- Minister of Regional Development and Public Works;
- Rector of UACEG;
- Managing Director of Cordeel Bulgaria.
After all the projects have been presented, the jury will announce the winning team.
The Award: internship at Cordeel Bulgaria
The internship will reveal what makes Cordeel a successful construction company throughout Europe.
The winning team will undertake a six-month paid internship at Cordeel Bulgaria’s head office. Upon successful completion of the internship, the team will have the opportunity to visit Cordeel Belgium.
- be willing to test their knowledge and skills in a professional, international environment;
- have strong teamwork and communication skills as well as the ability to work independently and be highly dedicated to the assignment;
- be responsible and consistent in their work;
- possess good analytical skills;
- be able to communicate fluently in English.
Partners of Talents for the Future are:
- University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy (UACEG);
- Student Council at the University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy;
- Cordeel Bulgaria.
- 6 March 2019 - deadline for registration;
- 13 March 2019 - visit to Cordeel Bulgaria head office for assignment of the cases the teams will work on;
- 25 March 2019 - deadline for project submissions;
- 27 March 2019 - presentation, evaluation and award ceremony.
Why do we support the Talents for the Future competition?
Cordeel began as a family-owned business in Belgium. Today, we are a large pan-European family whose priority is to provide opportunities for professionals at the start of their careers. We know that many young, talented people hold the values that we believe are needed for the future, which inspired us to create a programme for the young and the bold.
Cordeel Bulgaria has a long-term commitment to remain in Bulgaria and to contribute towards preserving the highest standards in the industrial and office building construction sectors. Our sustainable growth is based on internationally proven quality and integrity throughout Western Europe.
By working with motivated young people, we aim to inspire them to join an exciting construction sector that will help shape tomorrow’s urban environment. Talents for the Future is an expression of our responsibility to and concern for the precious future of the construction industry in Bulgaria.